Teddy Roosevelt Quotes
Theodore Roosevelt generated some of the greatest quotes of all time. Below is a sampling of some of his best.
1. "Speak softly and carry a big stick. You will go far. "(A West African Proverb)
2. "To educate a man in mind and not morals is to create a menace to society."
3. "A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends on the character of the user."
4. "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
5. "I took the Canal Zone and let Congress debate; and while the debate goes on, the canal does too."
6. "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
7. "Nine-tenths of wisdom consists of being wise in time."
8. "The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as the most brutal warmonger."
9. "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly."
10. "When they call roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "present" or "not guilty".
Back to Teddy Roosevelt Home Page